On November 4, Blake and I had the opportunity to go home to Texas! We were so excited... but, I don't think our excitement compared to that of our parents! :) My mom had a countdown with days and hours. We had known we would be going back sometime in November or December (Blake had a business meeting), so saying good-bye in September was not quite as hard as I thought it would be because I knew we would be back.
 |
After traveling for 11 hours, we made it to Moscow, Russia! Only 11 more to go to Houston! |
|
Blake and Bentley
 |
Reunited and it feels so good!!
Shannon and Bentley |
Prior to packing, I started a "Going Back to the USA List" where I added things I wanted to remember to purchase while home. Singapore is very westernized and has just about everything you can think of... but, there were a few items it was lacking. Randoms on my list... let's see: Cheez It crackers, protein bars, Kashi Pumpkin Spice bars, and real Planters peanuts. Blake thinks the peanuts here
suck are not as good as Planters. lol... Gotta love his honesty.
We landed in Houston at 2:30 pm after a 22 hour plane flight from Singapore and we were sitting having margaritas at Lupe Tortilla's with my parents by 5:30. Those who know our love of Lupe's are laughing right now... :) And yes, to answer your question... it tasted AMAZING!
 |
Blake's first Miller Lite back in Texas...
He was just a little excited. |
Oakwood Bound
So, after one night with my parents, we were off to Oakwood for the weekend to see Blake's family. (With Bentley in tow of course!! Could not leave that little guy.) Blake's family was kind enough to make fajitas for us one night, I think they were beginning to understand the lack of GREAT mexican food in Singy. The boys went deer hunting and fishing and the girls enjoyed visiting. We had a very enjoyable weekend with everyone and had a hard time leaving on Sunday.
 |
| Waylon & Rachel |
 |
| Feeding the donkeys. |
 |
| Feeding the cows. |
 |
| Waylon and Blake |
 |
Blake ready for his hunt!
Somehow, even dressed this way, I still find him handsome. ;) |
 |
The Brothers
Wes, Waylon, & Blake |
 |
| Christina, Sandra, & Shannon |
 |
| Family |
Thanksgiving Day, November 7 at The Clark's
When we arrived back in Conroe at my parents'
house, we were surprised with a Thanksgiving Dinner! My family had organized a
full on Thanksgiving feast for Blake and I since we would not be present for
the "real" Thanksgiving Day. How special... I feel truly blessed to
have such a wonderful family!
We had an amazing dinner; they had gone above and
beyond! Being home and having a true home-cooked meal was just icing on the
cake for us... such a wonderful trip.
 |
| Uncle Blake & Lilly |
 |
| Lilly & Aubrey |
 |
| Lilly & Dad (a.k.a Grandpa!) |
 |
| Chris & Mom |
 |
| Kids Being Kids... :) |
During the remainder of the trip, Blake worked...
(well, he was there on business I suppose!). Mom and I took full advantage of
some opportunities to SHOP and attended the Nutcracker Market at Reliant
Arena... something we do every year! I made numerous trips to visit my
grandparents in Houston, Billie and Poppie. I always enjoy visiting with my
Poppie and it is hard to say good-bye knowing I will not see him again until
next summer.
I was fortunate to be able to see a few friends while I was there... I
had the opportunity to meet my friend Jennifer's new baby, Cooper! Had a girls'
night out with my friend, Betsy! Had a wonderful dinner and movie night with
RaShida and Alex! I even attended the opening of Twilight: Breaking Dawn with
my dear friend, Rachel. We have made many premieres together and were both
delighted I would be back in town for this all important one! :) I appreciate
all of my friends for taking the time to get together with me while I was in
town for a short bit.
 |
| Shannon & Rachel |
Mom, Dad, and I had many dinners together and tried
to use up all of the time as best we could. Dad and I went to see a movie
together, something we both love to do. Mom and I ran errands and talked
Christmas decorating, something we love to do this time of year. Seeing all of
the Christmas decorations in the stores definitely reminded me that I would not
be home for Christmas... :(.
However, the time we had was precious and I
appreciated it so much! We had so much fun and unfortunately, the days flew by
faster than we would have hoped. I am anxiously looking VERY forward to March
when Mom and Dad come to visit Singapore! I have already started a list of
places to take them. I guess the tables have turned now... I have a countdown
on my calendar for their arrival.
No comments:
Post a Comment