Day of the Date:
Her name is Hannah and we make plans to meet for coffee and a movie. She has only been in Singy for about 3 days and has still been trying to sort it all out. Come to think of it, I think I am still trying to sort it all out and I have been here for 8 weeks! When I first meet Hannah, I am instantly relieved because not only is she normal, but she is delightful to talk to and very kind. We had a great time seeing "Footloose" at the theatre and then proceeded to get mani/pedis at a place in the mall. It is hard to explain why it is so nice to know another American, but it is just nice to be able to talk about things you can easily relate to. Plus, she is originally from North Carolina... so we already have that "southern girl bond!" ;-)
I have met up with Hannah several times since and believe I have found a true friend. I hope to know Hannah for a very long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment