Monday, January 23, 2012

Blake's Top Ten Lists...

Top Ten Twelve Things Blake Likes About Singapore... (in no particular order):

1. Quality time with Shannon
2. Singapore Zoo
3. Sentosa Island- I like where we live, it is out of the busy city and resort-like.
4. Friends we meet from around the world. We have met some really cool people and they are fun to hang out with.
5. My Job
6. Architecture
7. Exercise- We are constantly walking around the city and taking jogs by the beach.
8. Luxury cars and boats- I enjoy walking by the marina and seeing the multimillion dollar yachts.
9. Monkeys and parrots- They are everywhere on Sentosa.
10. How friendly the people are… NOT… oops wrong list.
10. Traveling opportunities- Singapore is the gateway to traveling across Asia.
11. Chinatown- Cool place to hang out.
12. Singapore Airlines Flight Attendants… they like American men… but, when they realize your wife is sitting next to you… they aren’t as friendly.

Things Blake Does Not Like About Singapore…
1. Paying to park EVERYWHERE you go.
2. TV is constantly showing repeated shows that are old.
3. I can't understand half the words the people say. I have to make them repeat themselves until I figure it out.
4. I can't pronounce many of their names… I just give them new ones… just kidding.
5. I don’t like when they say “can” instead of “yes.”
6. Paying $14 for a beer at restaurants/bars
7. Paying $22 for a Mushroom Swiss Burger at Chilis

Top Ten Things Blake Misses About the US…
1. Family & Friends
2. Bentley
3. Food (Lupe Tortilla, Taco Bell, Cheesecake Factory, Steakhouses…)
4. My Truck
5. Hospitality of Texans
6. Convenience and Wide Open Spaces.
7. Prices of Merchandise… Singapore is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive than the US.
8. Fishing and Hunting
9. Miller Lite/Coors Lite at $20 a case versus Tiger for $60 a 30/pack
10. Ranch dressing… If you ask for that here, they just stare at you.




No comments:

Post a Comment