Monday, January 23, 2012

Christmas Day at The Daniels' in Singapore

 Just the two of us...

After our beautiful Christmas Eve with our neighbors, Blake and I awoke on Christmas Day with that feeling of... "now what?" Christmas day for the last 29/30 years has been spent with FAMILY! This year, it was just us... So, we had to busy ourselves!

Proof that Daniels is not starving here...
I feed him well. :)


Regardless of whether there are 2 people or 10... I will cook for an army on Christmas day. So, we had a turkey and a ham, loaded mashed potatoes, praline pecan sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, Grandma's special cranberry sauce, stuffing muffins, rolls, pumpkin pie, rum sauce, and chocolate chip cookies. Mr. Daniels was a happy and stuffed man! 








Many thanks to my Mom for finding some of the recipes I would need, and my Dad for typing and emailing them to me!!! Y'all are the best!

Ready to Feast!
I look/am exhausted after cooking non-stop for 2 days!

So, after stuffing ourselves silly... we decided to take a drive and check out Christmas decorations in Singapore. Friends and family keep asking me, "Does Singapore celebrate Christmas?" Well, this might answer your questions...

Christmas decor at our local mall...
a.k.a the place I go for EVERYTHING.
Christmas Tree on Orchard Road
with an observation deck... because all trees need one of those!

Pretty Lights on Orchard Road
Orchard Road... the lights go as far as you can see!
It is truly stunning to drive down Orchard Road this time of year.

If you still don't believe me... Take a look at this video that truly captures Christmas in Singapore!


Merry Christmas Everyone!

xoxo
Shannon & Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment